7/24/2010

Mini Haul/Review

So I picked up 3 things from Sephora.. well kinda. I got it off a girl that sell some brand new products from Sephora for like a discounted price. My friend hooked it up so, I don't have this girl's contact info or anything - Sorry!


I finally got the Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash mascara in Aqua so it's waterproof! I never buy my mascara in waterproof but I figured what the hey, might as well lol. It's supposed curl, lengthen, and volumize.


So when I opened this mascara to look at the brush, I was a little hesitant. I've heard super good things about this mascara and how amazing it is but with my lashes, it works a lot better with plastic bristles. The formula is also really wet which also usually never works well with my lashes. I need a more dried out formula so my lashes don't clump together. I usually have to wait until my mascara dries out a bit before I can use it more to its full potential. 

However, I don't know if it's the Shu Uemura eyelash curler or if it's this mascara or if it's both but it definitely holds your curl like no other! I was shocked. My lashes usually wilts down by the end of the day but after 6 hours, it stayed put!

The other downfall is that when I apply the mascara after curling my lashes, it usually always transfer onto my lids which is a pain in the ass. -__- So you'd have to be super careful.

This was taken with my phone so sorry it's not the best photo. But this was after 6 hours of wearing it.. CRAZY! It definitely curls, lengthing and volumizing is not bad. I've only used it a couple of times and so right now I can't say it's amazing for the 2 purposes it claims to do but for curl - definitely.

But I personally think it also definitely helps having this baby.........


When I first tried this out, I didn't think OMG - SO GOOD. WOWZERZ! I thought my Shiseido eyelash curler did a better job. But after reading that this eyelash curler allows appropriate amount of pressure to curl lashes naturally, without crimping or bending your lashes - I thought, oh cool! And that is most definitely true! I had to be super careful not to put so much pressure when using my Shiseido eyelash curler so it doesnt crimp my lashes. (I still enjoy it though, it's a very good eyelash curler - you just have to have gentle pressure when curling) It's also supposed to suit all eye shapes which is pretty cool. :)

As a result, this eyelash curler and the MUFE Smoky Lash mascara are amazing as a couple!

Last but not least.....

I got a backup of my all time favourite pencil eyeliner! This baby is amazing - it stays put and definitely lasts all day. Does not smudge on my waterline or anything. And it doesn't give me a lot of gross poop in the corner of my eyes so yay. :D



Hope you enjoyed and hopefully it helped some of ya'll? xoxo.

2 comments:

DICTASHION. said...

Wow, love your purchases. and i'm surprised at how long the mascara stayed for! I will definitely be taking into consideration of that brand when I'm purchasing my next mascara, thanks! xx

Jenny said...

@DICTASHION oh girl, i was surprised as well! i think it being waterproof, definitely plays a big role as well!