9/19/2010

Late Haul/Mini Review (PIC HEAVY)

So I went to the states and sadly, I didn't really do any shopping... I was on a budget! :( well, kinda.... anywhooo... ended up getting a few things from the drugstores since they don't carry some of the products in Canada! I'm also going to include a couple of things I got back at home. 

The names (color) of the products will be posted on the picture! I also don't have the prices for it this time - Sorry!

 *click* on the picture for a more close up look!

Make Up:

NYC Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balm
- I got this because hollyannaeree (majority of the purchases I made were all because of her to be honest.. lol) said it's a super cheap dupe for MAC's Cremesheen in 'Boy Bait'. When I tried it on, it was a LOT more sheer than I thought it would be.. her swatched picture of it on her lips, made it look a lot more pigmented which kinda disappointed me.. I guess I just have to REALLY layer it on.. The smell is like a nice sweet vanilla scent.. It's kinda sticky for a lip balm. I also have it in '511A Sugar Angel' that I purchased awhile ago at London Drugs in Canada. (Sugar Angel is a deeper coral-y red)

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer/Highlight
- Amazing concealer! I don't even really need concealer/use it but I use it just to use it because I like it LOL. The formula is very nice, it's creamy and thick so it covers and blends very well!
 - The highlight is sheer and subtle, I still like it though.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
- Very pigmented, glossy, and super pretty :) It's sticky at first but it wears down a little after. The finish is a creamy finish, I love it. No shimmers or anything. Can definitely be worn on it's own or on top of a lipstick.

NYC Blushable Creme Stick
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It is suuuper lightweight and blendable!! It gives you the most pretty natural flush of color on your cheeks! It's fabolous!

EOS Lip Balm
- Not the best lip balm when you need it for chapped, cracked, dry lips.. It's just fun to have.. and it smells nice. I also got the Honeysuckle Honeydew but the scent was a little too sweet for me so I gave it to a friend.

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder
- Nice matte bronzer! Pigmentation is good enough to put some color back to your face and to contour a bit.. especially for those with fairer skintones!
I just got a back up of this because awhile ago, I heard it was discontinued but for some reason.. they're still selling it.. I guess they figured it was really popular so they changed their minds.. I don't even need a back up because the one I have is totally still brand new.. oh well. lol

 Loreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation
- Okay, I LOVE THIS. This is my absolute FAVOURITE foundation now! It is sooooooo blendable and smooth!!!! It doesn't feel cakey or anything on the skin and it lasts a decent amount of time! This color is a tiny bit too dark for me but it definitely blends in well enough for me to still be able to pull this color off! It's the perfect shade for me in the summer when I'm tanned though. I love applying this with my fingers, it gives such a nice finish and blends so so so so so well. :) :)

 Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Ehancing Shadow & Liner
- What a handful title lol! I got this because my friend used the two bottom colors mixed together and it was so pretty.. when I saw the rest of the colors, I fell in love.. aren't they pretty! The pigmentation is good, all shimmer finishes (duh). 

Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow
- Very creamy, pigmentation is decent. As for creasing, I am not too sure yet because I didn't really get to test it out yet. Very blendable but when you blend too much, it will get patchy and wash away. 
I know, that dent saddens me... it happened when I first tried to open the packaging.. ugh :(

Maybelline Eye Studio Eyeshadow Quad
- Can't say too much, haven't tried it out yet. I've lightly swatched it and the pigmentation was okay for swatching it very gently. 
Weird how the colors are pretty much identical to the Revlon creme shadows huh? lol

Nail Polish:

Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Polish
- I decided to grab this because I have the matte version that I accidently picked up of the Sephora by O.P.I: Metro Chic (which I love but I also gotta put a top coat on cuz matte is so ugly). I love the color, it's a tad bit lighter than Metro Chic. The brush is flat and weird... but I kinda like it. I didn't put a top coat, just had a base coat and it did last a little over a week before it started to chip!

Sally Hanson Nailgrowth Miracle
- This is my holy grail nail polish/base coat! I have tried other nail strengthening ones and none of them has worked the way this does! It seriously keeps my nails super strong and grows fast! My nails have been suuuuuuper weak and brittle and thin when I got them done and I ran out of this and tried using OPI's Nail Envy and it didn't do anything for me. A week of using this Nailgrowth Miracle and I can already really that my nails are starting to get strong again. :)


So I also went to ROSS and found this eyeshadow trio kit from Natural Beauty by J.A. Cosmetics. At first, I was very skeptical because I have never heard of the brand and I didn't know how good it would be. I was debating for a very long time and finally I decided to just try it out because I fell in love with the colors! 

This kit came with 3 mineral eyeshadows, 2 eyeshadow brushes: a contouring brush, eyeshadow brush, and a brown eyeliner (I didn't take a picture of it because I didn't really care for it and threw it out)


- I've swatched these shadows many times, and have worn this whole look together twice and I love it. It's very pigmented and the colors are way too gorgeous! It blends nicely and it stays put! The brown shadows do stain a little bit when I swatched it on my hand.

The brushes are also fab! I really like both of them. They work nicely for the kind of quality that they are. 

This whole kit (+ the eyeliner) was $7-9 I believe.
I also went to an Urban Outfitters and I got two items.

Stila ' The It Girl' Palette ($10)
- I love this palette, especially for the price for 3 full sized shadows!!!! I mainly got this for Stila's star eyeshadow: Kitten. The pigmentation is quite nice, however major fallout as you can see on my palette! But I love Chloe and of course, Kitten! Lame is an okay color - I'm not too crazy about that one, it's kinda lame. (ha ha ha! PUN INTENDED!! LOL. Well actually, lame has the little accent on top of the e so....)

I also got a blazer from UO as well and I love it!


Last but not least, my friend had to exchange something from Guess but she didn't end up finding anything so she told me to grab something and it would be my super late birthday present :P 

So I grabbed this cropped sweater.. it's super cute, short and cropped, baggy/loose on the arms.


That's the end of it!!! I don't think I am missing anything else.... Hope you enjoyed it! I am suuuuuper tired and my back hurts.. Been editing and writing this post for a couple of hours.. O_O

Off to bed I go! Thanks for bloggin! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please do a makeup storage haul?

Jenny said...

my make up storage isn't that great, i stack it all in like containers i got from daiso and also like those mini 3 drawers storage thingy... i really need to get a vanity cuz it's taking up too much space on my desk :(

mikehawke:3 said...

I loveeeeee that guess sweater !
and i also loveeeeeeee this blog :3

nikiCHAOS said...

the eyeshadows you got from ross look alot like the ones from E.L.F. :)

Jenny said...

@mikehawke do you have it too :D and thank you!!! means a lot ^__^
@niki lol i know! that's why i wanted to try it out, i dunno just liked the colors a lot. :)

TinkerBi said...

let me know if u like the Maybelline Eye Studio Eyeshadow Quad... I wanna try it! lol <3

amileinherheels said...

Ooooh I love the creme stick!!!!! SO pretty :) Like youu hehe ;) And that is a nice blazer!

Jenny said...

@TinkerBi sure thing.. ill try to do a post on a look when i do :)

@tessatham do they have it in van?! i couldnt find it here before i went to the states!

nikiCHAOS said...

confident is one of my favourites!! but the elf mineral shadows are really good considering they're like $3 each haha

and if that's the silence & noise blaze, i have the same one! i bought it at UO back in february-ish?

Jenny said...

@niki lol i dunno.. i didnt pay attention to the label, don't remember what it is